Friday, November 18, 2011

Creepy Link of the Day! Creepy-Ass Dolls, the book

Good morning, Creeps!

Today I'd like to tell you about this fun little book by the wickedly funny and deliciously disturbed, Ms. Stacey Leigh Brooks:


This creepy-funny little gem is packed with 150+ pics of little creepy-ass porcelain nightmares. The pics will make you wonder what the hell our parents were thinking buying these things for children to begin with. The one-liners will make you laugh your demented ass off.

I recently had the honor of meeting Ms. Brooks in person and I just have to say it was so incredibly cool to meet a kindred spirit. I had no idea what to expect and was actually kind of nervous about making a good impression.  Not a common thing for someone with such an "I don't give a shit" attitude. I think I changed my clothes six or seven times before I left the house. But as it turns out, it wasn't like meeting someone new at all. Our twisted senses of humor fell into step like the rhythmic patter of murderous little porcelain feet. It was like hanging out with an old friend - an old friend who could relate to being born a little weird inside, how wonderful and liberating it is to embrace that weirdness, who doesn't bat an eye when you tell her things like you fell madly in love with Alice Cooper when you saw him on the Muppet Show when you were 8.

And that is what makes me even happier to tell you that book number two is on its way:


But wait! That's not even the most exciting part for me. My very first Little Murderess Doll, Sweet Cindy, will be making a special guest appearance in the new book! What a creeptacular honor!


I can only hope that Sweet Cindy doesn't let fame go to her head. She's already a bit of a prima-donna to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. Thank u Georgie! The honor was and is all mine. I was just as nervous about making a good impression. Lol. Kindred souls indeed. It's like my friend said, it's as if you two have known each other forever. Like old friends coming back together. I love your demented imagination and wicked sense of humor. Your art inspires my own Creepy-Ass work! I look forward to witnessing your dark magic unfold on this Blog and in the world. Rock on, tweested seester.

    ReplyDelete