Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Little Murderess Dolls

If you haven't met them already, I'd like to introduce you to my Little Murderess Dolls.

I collect old porcelain dolls and revamp them into nasty little things. The metamorphosis is mostly painless for them. In fact, they tell me they find it quite liberating ;)

Each doll goes through its own process. All are hand-painted and varnished. Some get new, hand-sewn dresses, while others get their old dresses dyed, distressed, splattered, painted, and/or embellished. All dolls have porcelain heads, hands, and feet, although some get new "skin" over the porcelain, they still remain breakable and should be handled with care.

Many have been adopted, but there is no end to the amount of dolls that need to be rescued from a life of disgusting cuteness.

So, without further ado...

This is Ms. Miranda Maul and she is very excited to meet you.

Poor Miranda became a widow on her wedding day. Bizarre and bloody accident - she doesn't like to talk about it. Now she is patiently waiting for her next victim true love to come along. But at least she has someone to confide in. Allow me to introduce you to:

Sweet Stephanie Spade

Sweet Stephanie has been a wonderful friend to Miranda. She is a great listener and knows how to keep a secret. Stephanie is looking for a home to call her own. She is very shy and prefers to spend most of her time in the garden - although, I find it very strange that she is always digging but nothing ever grows. Poor thing just doesn't have a green thumb, I guess.

In the coming days, I will be introducing you to more of my little family.  Until then, if you'd like to see more Little Murderess Dolls check out my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment